quarta-feira, janeiro 02, 2008

Lombrosian prejudices (or: my Ann Coulter's face)










Huckabee, playing 'The Flight of Bumblebee' like Joey DeMayo. 'Chuck Adams', or 'Eric Norris', in vocals.

In last election, despite my anti-Bushism, I couldn't see John Kerry in a nice way. His face looked like a smashed pineapple, and I thought: 'how could an American president have that face?' (all right, Bush W. looks like Alfred Neuman, but he is more... 'presidential'). Nowadays my prejudicies are about candidates' names.

From Democrats, there is Barack Obama. When I hear "Barack" I associate automaticaly to "Baraka", that zombie-like-razor-handed character from Mortal Kombat 2, remember? And this "Obama"... not because it has Arab origin ("Kemal", "Said" sounds ok)
, but "Obama" is so primal... Can you imagine a baby learning how to speak? I don't think he'll have problems in say "O-ba-ma!". From the other battlefield, there is this Mike Huckabee... All right: 'Mike' isn't a nice name for a President. Neither do Michael. And 'Huckabee'? Fuck, it remembers either "Huckleberry Finn" or Milwaukee, which always remember (for me)... milk! And I start to think about happy and furry stuffs, not a name from someone who must led a whole nation against terrorism/nihilism...

Nenhum comentário: